What’s your favourite Holiday food? Mine is definitely rice porridge with some cinnamon on the top, yummy!
Last year I made my rice porridge as a vegan version and oh, it tasted heavenly! Luckily, this year, we can share this delicious recipe for Vegan Rice Porridge from the magnificent PS Olen Vegaani (in English PS I’m a Vegan) with you too. So if you haven’t made any bowls of rice porridge yet or you’re going to make it only once this year – let it be this one!
VEGAN RICE PORRIDGE
2 dl porridge rice
2 dl water
Pinch of salt
1 carton full-fat coconut milk
6 dl oat drink (e.g. Kaslink Aito)
1 cinnamon stick
0,5 tsp vanilla powder
1. Add porridge rice, water and salt into a thick-bottomed pan. Boil until the liquid is almost fully absorbed. Add coconut milk, oat drink, cinnamon stick and vanilla powder.
2. Boil the porridge over mild heat about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Remove the cinnamon stick. Serve with plum kissel and crushed almond!
200 g dried seedless plums
2 tsp sugar
Pinch of vanilla sugar.
0,5 dl water
2 ½ tbsp potato flour.
1. Add water, plums and vanilla sugar into a kettle.
2. Bring it to boil slowly about 20 minutes.
3. Mix 0,5 dl of water and potato flours in a separate container. Pour the mixture into the boiling plums and water as a thin band. Stir constantly.
4. Check the taste and add sugar if needed.